Elena is in our arms
Greetings from Nanchang!
We flew into Nanchang yesterday and Elena was brought to the hotel later that evening. She bonded to Laura immediately, and still can't let her out of an arm's length without fussing. While Laura is her source of comfort, I seem to be her source of entertainment. I've been able to get her to smile and laugh by acting silly. It's been a joy getting to know here.
We started the official paperwork today, and as far as the Chinese government is concerned she is our baby now! I hope to be able to post some pictures as soon as I can find an internet cafe that can read the card that my camera uses.
Tomorrow she gets a check up from a doctor and then we get to see more of Nanchang. Later in the week, a tour of her village (4 hours away) has been planned, and we hope to go.
Love,
Paul
We flew into Nanchang yesterday and Elena was brought to the hotel later that evening. She bonded to Laura immediately, and still can't let her out of an arm's length without fussing. While Laura is her source of comfort, I seem to be her source of entertainment. I've been able to get her to smile and laugh by acting silly. It's been a joy getting to know here.
We started the official paperwork today, and as far as the Chinese government is concerned she is our baby now! I hope to be able to post some pictures as soon as I can find an internet cafe that can read the card that my camera uses.
Tomorrow she gets a check up from a doctor and then we get to see more of Nanchang. Later in the week, a tour of her village (4 hours away) has been planned, and we hope to go.
Love,
Paul

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home